5 Bad Skincare Habits
Avoid these 5 bad skincare habits for healthy, radiant skin.
5 Bad Skincare Habits
- Sleeping with your makeup on. This is one of the worst habits you can have because not only do you hate the dark circles from your eyeliner & mascara but leaving products on overnight can lead to clogged pores and breakouts.
- Dehydration Just drink more water. Madame Spillmann always preached that "your skin is a reflection of your inner health”. Water helps to hydrate and nourish our complexions and bodies from head to toe..
- Not getting your beauty sleep. With our hectic schedules sometimes we forget that our skin needs time to rest and restore too. The term Beauty Sleep is a real thing. Be sure to get the recommended 7-8 hours every night.
- Over exfoliating. The very top layer of our skin helps to guard against bacteria, uv radiation and pollutants in the air. Sure, we want to scrub that grime off but don’t exfoliate so much you lose the acid mantle working hard to protect you.
- Too many products. A well regimented skincare routine shouldn’t have more than 5-6 products that you use daily. Applying too many products is actually counter-intuitive, if there are so many layers of products your skin can’t absorb them, then you’re just wasting product . We have skincare kits to get every type of skin started on a healthy routine.
Exfoliating28 September 2022Hi! Have you tried RAO? Sometimes, getting the skin sooo 'clean' provokes the sebaceous glands into production of even more oil and can leave you vulnerable to the smallest things causing problems. Try RAO and give your face a nice massage with it. Especially at night :) We heal a lot faster at night while the body is at rest. (Madame Spillman suggested never using anything more than a white, 100% cotton cloth to exfoliate.) Good luck from a 38 year user <3
Thank you for answering meBy: Donna Hart on 24 August 2022Thank you so much!! Love GS products. Long time user.
Over exfoliatingBy: Donna Hart on 17 August 2022Please give an example of over exfoliating. My skin does better, have less breakout. and I have less millia when I exfoliate morning and evening.
An example of over-exfoliation would be when you’ve scrubbed your skin for so long, or so often, that you feel tingling, there is reactive redness or your skin becomes more sensitive. Washing and exfoliating with a properly balanced cleanser, like Peau de Fleurs Cleansing Mousse, is an ideal way to clean the skin without harsh chemicals or too many exfoliation particles that could lead to skin conditions.