Creating Your Multi-Step Relaxing Skincare Routine
The key to the best skincare routine, is to find one that is simple for you. When the skin care products you choose are right for you, you shouldn't have to overthink what you're using and how you use it. With nearly endless varieties of creams, serums, cleansers, and oils available on the market, how should you know what’s right for you? Life can already be stressful, why not make your skincare routine relaxing?
Taking care of your skin is incredibly important but with so much information out that on how best to care for your skin, a routine can easily become overwhelming. With nearly endless varieties of creams, serums, cleansers, and oils available on the market, how should you know what’s right for you? Life can already be stressful, why not make your skincare routine relaxing?
Night-Time vs. Day-Time
Regardless of the time of day, it can be difficult to try and fit a thorough, multi-step routine into your schedule. In the morning, many of us struggle to fit everything we need to do before heading out the door to go to work or school. At night, you may feel worn down and exhausted from the happenings of the day. Creating a relaxing skincare routine can help change this.
Starting your morning with something relaxing and refreshing routine can prepare you for even the most stressful days. Ending the day by doing something that relaxes you can help you unwind, let go of the stresses of the day, and help you sleep easier.
- You can keep your routine simple. The key to a relaxing routine is to keep it as simple as possible. Make sure the steps you take to care for your skin feel natural—especially if you’re not one to be consistent with your skincare. When the products you choose to use in your routine are right for you, you shouldn’t have to overthink what you’re using and how you use it.
Breakdown the Steps
If your aim is to keep your routine simple, break it down into the common, albeit important steps of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Of course, to make your routine truly your own, you’ll want to carefully customize those three steps to meet the unique needs of your skin. Simply put, dry sensitive skin may require a routine made up of different products to those that experience excessive oil or adult acne. However, no matter what your skin uniquely needs, you should certainly add products that protect delicate skin from sun exposure and UV damage.
Washing your face daily is important for its health. Although every skin has different needs, cleansing should always exist in a routine. At night, make sure to remove any built-up dirt, makeup, or other impurities. Rather than using a heavy scrub to remove anything from your skin through exfoliation, seek a gentle cleanser to use daily, like Gerda Spillmann Peau de Fleurs Cleansing Mousse. Choose a cleanser that does more than simply clean. In the case of our cleansing mousse, you’ll be met with active ingredients that significantly improve skin after continued use.
Follow up your cleanser with a toner, serum, or both, depending on what your skin needs. Remember that an alcohol-free toner can act as a gentle exfoliator. Rather than using a harsh scrub on your skin every day, you can choose to use a toner that will tone and tighten your skin without subjecting it to damage. If you need a mild astringent as part of your routine, choose a product that works deeply and can be used on troubled skin daily, like our Peau de Fleurs Tonic.
Those new to serums often hold the misconception that serum products are pore-clogging and oily. On the contrary, properly used serums can work wonders for all skin types. Skin that has particular issues with hydration can benefit from oils that go past the outer layer of the epidermis. If you’ve never used a serum previously, it’s best to use the product during a nightly routine or a few times a week. Use serum post toner but before you apply a nightly moisturizer. Although you may not choose to use a serum as part of your morning routine, don’t forget to implement sunscreen into your skincare.
- Give a weekly treat to your skin. If you want to add a little extra self-care to your routine, use a mask once a week to give your skin a boost. You can either pick a sheet-mask, a wash-off mask, or a 15-minute hydration mask with the Renaissance Active Oil. Adding this to your routine can help you really unwind. While you’re waiting for your mask, take the time to meditate, read, or do one of your favorite activities.
The Combination Skin Trio
We understand how difficult building your multi-step skincare routine can be, which is why we put together our Combination Skin Trio. This incredible and intensive kit has everything you need to make your routine simple with our specially picked products that will make your skincare routine relaxing and effective.
- Our dual-action Peau de Fleurs Cleanser will remove dirt and impurities while gently exfoliating your skin. It’s naturally moisturizing and won’t leave your face feeling irritated or dry. It also helps boost your skin’s elasticity and helps your face achieve a smooth, radiant complexion.
- The Peau de Fleurs Tonic is one of our best sellers. It is an alcohol-free toner that helps tighten your skin and bringing it balance. The main ingredient, Oak Root extract is a natural astringent and antiseptic that soothes the skin and reduces any inflammation.
- The tamarind seed extract, Swiss Edelweiss, apricot kernel, and wheat germ extract in the Skinfood Ultra Vital moisturizer helps restore the youthful elasticity to your skin while helping to prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Leave a Comment?
You might also like...
Build Your Perfect Skincare Routine
Cleanse. Treat. Protect. It's easy to find your perfect skincare routine with Gerda Spillmann Swiss Skin Care. Not sure where to start? Use this guide to get your healthiest skin ...